Motivating Your Dog
Samantha loves training dogs, and she understands there is no one simple approach that fits all. They are all individuals and dogs and their owners are as unique as each other.
The Canine College approach to dog training is highly motivational for both partners in the relationship. Samantha uses her understanding and knowledge of canine behaviour to treat each dog according to its individual needs. Samantha is committed to using positive and humane methods in her training. She believes you get back what you put in.
Samantha’s approach to training each dog is informed by the dog: its individual breed, traits and personality. This means each dog requires a tailored approach. Every dog and owner relationship is unique. Samantha has 25 years’ experience and has an extensive knowledge of a wide variety of breeds which gives her the ability to understand each dog and adjust her methods accordingly.
Samantha’s success is based on …
- A genuine love of dogs
- An extensive knowledge of different breeds and traits
- Patience, patience and even more patience!
- Observation and listening
- Understanding of canine behaviour and psychology
- Empathy with owners and their dogs
- Knowledge of the principals of learning
- The ability to recognise the limitations and abilities of every dog
- Responsible dog ownership and safety
- A genuine interest in people and their dogs
- Owning and working with five rescue dogs and competing with them in obedience, agility and working trials.
Assessing the problem
- At the initial meeting, the owner will be asked to define and explain the problem
- The specifics of the problem are discussed in detail
- Samantha will diagnose the cause of the problem – and what needs to be done to solve the issue in a feasible manner
- Samantha always works to achieve attainable goals for both dog and owner
- Building on a programme of success for continued happiness.
ALL TRAINING IS BASED ON THE PRINCIPAL OF KIND FAIR AND EFFECTIVE, TRAINING FOR OWNERS AND THEIR DOGS.
Private classes and behaviour consultations are always available at a time to suit you