I love training dogs as all dogs are individuals and dogs and their owners are as unique as each other
Samantha Rawson’s approach to dog training is highly motivational for both partners in the relationship! Samantha uses her understanding and knowledge of canine behaviour to treat each dog according to it’s individual needs Samantha is committed to using positive and humane methods in dog training. She believes that you get back what you put in.
Samantha’s approach to training each dog is informed by the dog , its breed traits and personality. This means that each dog requires a tailored approach. Every dog and owner relationship is unique. Samantha has twenty three years of experience and an extensive knowledge of a wide variety of breeds of dogs which gives her the experience to be able to understand each dog and adjust her methods accordingly.
Samantha’s success is based on…
- An extensive knowledge of differents breeds and traits of dogs
- A love of dogs
- Patience , patience and even more patience
- Observation and listening
- Understanding of Canine behaviour and psychology
- Empathy with owners and their dogs
- Knowledge of the principals of learning
- The ability to recognise the limitations and abilities of every dog
- Responsable dog ownership and safety
- A genuine interest in people and their dogs
- Owning and working with five rescue dogs, and competing with them in three dog sports of obedience agility and working trials.
Assessing the problem
- Samantha will on first meeting with the owner and the dog, ask the owner to define the problem.
- The specifics of the problem are then discussed in detail.
- Samantha will then explain the cause of the problem and what needs to be done to solve it in a feasible manner.
- Always working on attainable goals for both dog and owner.
- Building on a programme of success.
Private classes and behaviour consultations are always available at a time to suit you.